cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What does a Cocoon 2.2 release consist of?
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 09:33:05 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I wanted to discuss this some weeks ago but IIRC I didn't get any answers.
> Jorg's questions makes me think about it again. What does a Cocoon 2.2 release
> consist of?
>
> IIUC a Cocoon 2.2 release is providing artifacts in public Maven 2 repositories.
> This is
>
>   - cocoon-core
>   - blocks (for the first we should only release forms and template - and maybe
>     pdf, apples, mail and javaflow)
>   - deployer-core and deployer-plugin
>   - an archetype to start a Cocoon project
>
> Additionally we can provide a cocoon-demo.zip that contains web application that
> is created with the cocoon-webapp module but this is only a demo and should
> *not* be used by people to start their projects.
>
> WDOT?

I think for a first release this is fine, we can add/release more blocks
independently afterwards.
As important as what the release should consist of is what the release
should not contain. Imho we should remove all OSGi related stuff from
the release to not confuse users.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/