cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Dojo resources are missing
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 09:07:35 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> No: a nice thing with Dojo is that you can build a specific distribution
> leading to a single dojo.js file that contains all that is needed by
> your project and nothing more. This allows the browser to load only one
> JS file that is a small as possible and cache it, rather than loading JS
> files on-demand using XmlHttpRequest.
>
> That's why we should provide a Dojo distribution, but make it very easy
> for people to put their own custom distribution by just replacing a jar.
>
> Sure, we could build our distribution by importing the Dojo source code
> in the dojo block, but that doesn't bring much value IMO and makes it
> less easy to update the Dojo version that we distribute.

What about having a dojo block that contains a dojo version that is enough for
our needs. We add it to the ajax-block as a "provided" dependency. If people
want to use it, they have to add an explicit dependency to their project -
either inlcuding our dojo block or using their own.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc