cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Dojo resources are missing
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 08:28:40 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> It seems that the jar with the dojo resources is completly missing in
>> 2.2. I have no clue how the jar is build for 2.1.x and how we can handle
>> this in an easy way with m2? Any ideas?

The dojo jar file is built using an Ant script [1] from a Dojo
distribution. I haven't added this to 2.2 as trunk was moving a lot when
I added Dojo support and I had no clue about where to put that Ant file.

> What if we just unpack the resources and add them to
> src/main/resources/dojo of the ajax block ?

No: a nice thing with Dojo is that you can build a specific distribution
leading to a single dojo.js file that contains all that is needed by
your project and nothing more. This allows the browser to load only one
JS file that is a small as possible and cache it, rather than loading JS
files on-demand using XmlHttpRequest.

That's why we should provide a Dojo distribution, but make it very easy
for people to put their own custom distribution by just replacing a jar.

Sure, we could build our distribution by importing the Dojo source code
in the dojo block, but that doesn't bring much value IMO and makes it
less easy to update the Dojo version that we distribute.

Sylvain

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/ajax/dojo/

--