cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon 2.2 Maven based build
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 13:07:59 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> On 5/15/06, Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>
>>> WDOT?
>>

>> I like your proposal very much, as a basic use-case for people to
>> experiment and start working with the Mavenized Cocoon.
>>
>> IMHO implementing and documenting everything that's needed to make
>> this (or a similar) use-case happen could be our first goal for the
>> ApacheCon EU Hackathon, and if it's too easy or done already at that
>> time we'll certainly find stuff to do...
>
> first we need a release because otherwise the only way to get the
> artifacts into your local repository is doing a "mvn install" and this
> requires trunk to be checked out and built.
I'm not sure I understand. Yes, a release is required for this to work
for a user. That doesn't mean the facility to do this has to wait until
after the release is completed as developers can test this by creating
another project and getting the artifacts from their local repository
after building Cocoon.

Ralph