cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: CallFunctionNode problems in trunk
Date Sun, 14 May 2006 14:41:21 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>>Ok, so let's change the strategy and fix the standalone service
>>>selector... :) If svn works again I can do this on monday evening - if
>>>noone beats me to it.
>>I didn't fix the StandaloneServiceSelector but replaced it with a factory.
>>Basically the factory works for me and the code is very simple. Exception
>>handling needs to be improved but that's the next step.
>>Could somebody verify and review the attached patch?
> I'm not sure but I think your solution is the opposite of the current
> problem: you are always creating a new instance, so thread safe
> components are not handled correctly.

Right, but that's easily fixed (see I would
prefer getting rid of the StandaloneServiceSelector as it is everything else
than a simple class for a simple task and why do all those builders need to be
components? I know there are historical reasons but do we need them to be
components _now or in the future_?

Anything else that could be a problem with my implementation?

Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:

View raw message