cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Cocoon 3.0 documentation started
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 15:38:33 GMT

I created a new site "Cocoon 3.0" in Daisy. The main purpose is that it will
become the home of all Cocoon 3.0 relevant documents.

The second purpose is that I've wanted to try out a new (technical) structure.
My goal is a more modular documentation that makes it possible to assemble the
documentation of our blocks and the core but also to make is useable standalone.

In concrete this means that I created new collections ("cocoon3-core" and
"block-form") and book definitions for both and a main book definition that
contains references to both definitions.

You may wonder why I need separate collections for all blocks and the core. The
reason is that I plan to write a Maven 2 plugin that gets following configuration:

<configuration>
   <repository>http://...</repository>
   <navDoc>1150</navDoc>
   <collection>block-forms</collection>
</configuration>

I will use the navDoc as start document and crawl all referenced documents. If a
link references to a document that is not within the block-forms collection, I
read out the collections the document belongs to and create a link and take the
name of the first collection that can be found, e.g. if document "8989" is a
document within the block-forms collection and it has a link to "4545" which is
a block-template document, I will create a link to "../block-template/4545.html".

I think it should work this way but if somebody knows some more elegant way,
please let me know.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc