cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CallFunctionNode problems in trunk
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 13:59:22 GMT
Giacomo Pati schrieb:

> I'm hunting that bug too ;-)
>
> My observation until now is that:
>
> a) SitemapLanguage#createNodeBuilder creates the CallNodeBuilder
> b) it seems (during my debugging) there is only one CallNodeBuilder in
>     the system (even though it is not marked ThreadSafe as other
>     NodeBuilders)
> c) in CallNodeBuilder#buildNode the member variable node will be
>     overwritten each time that method is called (and it is called for
>     each <map:call .../> element)

The SitemapLanguage uses the StandaloneServiceSelector which only deals
with singletons,
so currently a node builder must be a singleton. So, the question is if
we either try to fix this in a node and use the contract that each
builder is a singleton or fix the standalone service selector.
I think we should go for option one and require all builders to be
singletons.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/