cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Hackaton: focus on 2.2? - Documentation
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 08:07:47 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler said the following on 11-05-2006 17:57:
>> the ugly or boring stuff. A simple example is documentation, but there
>
> Guys,
>
> I wholeheartedly agree that documentation needs to be tackled.
Just to be clear, my statement was not targeted at anyone specific but
at the whole community including myself. For example, I promised more
docs about the portal months ago but just failed to provide them :(

> In the meantime Simone and I have/had some discussions offlist about the
> structure of the documentation. His ideas sound good and I prefer actual
> work done to a long discussion to reach consensus on the best structure.
> So I suggest that we give Simone some time to flesh out his ideas in Daisy.
> My intention is to get pages with short descriptions of what should be
> in there so that others can jump in and replace the description with
> actual content. I believe it's much easier to write documentation when
> you're triggered by a short summary.
Good idea!

Now my biggest problem is offline editing? I asked this question some
time ago but never got any helping answer. What is the best way to edit
the docs offline?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/