cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Hackaton: focus on 2.2?
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 15:57:16 GMT
While I agree to most points Daniel pointed out in his last mail, I
would like to add one comment which should be obvious imho, too.

In order to have a successful project, you can't always only do the
things you find cool or you need. From time to time someone has to do
the ugly or boring stuff. A simple example is documentation, but there
is definitly more like our recent tasks (restructuring the directory
layout etc.) I guess noone of us likes to do those things, but they have
to be done. So everyone should ask himselve the question "where can I
help the project (if my time allows it of course)?". Just doing the cool
stuff and the stuff someone needs isn't the way a community works. We
are only strong if we work together.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/