cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon CRUD (was GSoC Proposals)
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 12:23:18 GMT
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Jason Johnston wrote:
>
>> Do you have a plan for where this development will occur?  I'd like to
>> be able to help out with code but I'm not a committer so somewhere
>> outside the official repository would be easier for me ;)
>>
> We have a CVS/SVN public server, and can easily setup other cooperation
> services, like an issue tracking and a wiki. I can then move the
> released code and documentation to the cocoon tree.

I am strongly against hat! The way to become a committer is by
contributing (remember how you became one?)

So, even if a bit tedious, Jason has to provide patches that will be
evaluated by the community up to a point where his contribution are
considered good enough and frequent enough for him to be voted committer.

Using other code repositories can only lead to community fragmentation
and hiding valuable contributions of people that are hidden because
they're proxied by someone else.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net