cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cocoon CRUD (was GSoC Proposals)
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 15:59:29 GMT
Ciao!

Simone Gianni wrote:

> The default implementation will work on a relational database, using
> JDBI as a persistence layer, and will require a configuration indicating
> only database connection parameters (datasource name, or Spring bean
> name, see later) and the table names.

It ought to be possible to require just the database connection
parameters (no table names); by default the tables should be
automagically discovered.

> WDYT?

I'd love to see this happen. There was some discussion along similar
lines after last year's GetTogether, I'll dig out some links to the mail
archive later.

This might be a cool orthogonal thing to do at the Hackathon for those
that aren't able to work on Cocoon 2.2, as well. If you haven't finished
it by then, that is ;-)

Thanks,

Andrew.
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/