cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Hackaton: focus on 2.2?
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 11:01:44 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>I don't understand what this thread is about. We can discuss it for ages what we
>>*want* to do but this doesn't necessarily mean that something will really
>>happen. If there is enough involvement to get 2.2 (didn't we decide to call it
>>"2.3"?) out of the door it will happen, if not, nothing will happen. The same is
>>true for 3.0 (= with OSGi). Personally I don't have a problem if both release
>>cycles start around the same point of time.
>>

> Hmm, I thought this thread is about focusing involvement to get a
> release out. So what is wrong about discussing a(nother) possible
> release plan? Some of us see the need to discuss these things, so please
> let them do this. If we wouldn't need further information, we could just
> release today - and I guess this is nothing anyone of us wants, right?
>
> Ok, getting more constructive - I think our biggest problem *today* is
> the incomplete build system - we need a system which builds a running
> Cocoon version *including* the blocks and the samples. Imho, we should
> have this before the hackaton. I know we have already talked about this
> "for ages" and nothing happened. So are there any volunteers who have
> some spare time to finish the work? (As a motivation for this: if this
> person is comming to Dublin, I guess everyone of the Cocoon community
> will buy him/her a beer - or whatever drink is prefered)

I don't want to stop any useful dicsussions. After writing the deployment
plugin, I thought it was clearly communicated what needs to be done for a
release. Anyway, in order to get Cocoon 2.3.0 out of the door, I see following
next actions:

  - fix the bug with the CallNode
  - fix a bug with the Spring container:
    if there is a problem within the container (e.g. a bean can't be found,
    the container fails for all following requests - also for requests that
    worked before)
  - add more *-samples blocks to cocoon-webapp
  - a new samples overview page

I know there is more but these are the *next* actions.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc