cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Hackaton: focus on 2.2?
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 09:10:39 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> I don't understand what this thread is about. We can discuss it for ages what we
> *want* to do but this doesn't necessarily mean that something will really
> happen. If there is enough involvement to get 2.2 (didn't we decide to call it
> "2.3"?) out of the door it will happen, if not, nothing will happen. The same is
> true for 3.0 (= with OSGi). Personally I don't have a problem if both release
> cycles start around the same point of time.

Hmm, I thought this thread is about focusing involvement to get a
release out. So what is wrong about discussing a(nother) possible
release plan? Some of us see the need to discuss these things, so please
let them do this. If we wouldn't need further information, we could just
release today - and I guess this is nothing anyone of us wants, right?

Ok, getting more constructive - I think our biggest problem *today* is
the incomplete build system - we need a system which builds a running
Cocoon version *including* the blocks and the samples. Imho, we should
have this before the hackaton. I know we have already talked about this
"for ages" and nothing happened. So are there any volunteers who have
some spare time to finish the work? (As a motivation for this: if this
person is comming to Dublin, I guess everyone of the Cocoon community
will buy him/her a beer - or whatever drink is prefered)

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/