cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <s.gia...@thebug.it>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Hackaton: focus on 2.2?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 16:46:39 GMT
A +0 for Hackaton focused on 2.2 release. Not +1 because IMMO we have to
plan it very well: many of us still need to step the learning curve to
Maven and Spring in trunk, an this must be covered before Hackaton to
make it productive, so we should decide the Hackaton targets and steps
quite before the 26th.

It would deserve a new thread, but informally also +1 for a 2.2 with
Spring, Maven and all the fixes and additions already made to Cocoon, I
really love the OSGi idea, but actually there is so much still to do to
have all the rest working.

Anyway, I think OSGi should be #1 target after the 2.2 release, since it
would open Cocoon to many other scenarios. One thing not yet clear to
me: how does OSGi and Maven dependencies will work together? Will we
have Maven build a set of OSGi bundles and the core load them when/if
needed? And how does OSGi work with Spring? Will every bundle have its
own spring application context? Or does Spring provide already an OSGi
"layer" to load/unload/setup beans when OSGi bundles are loaded?

Simone

--
Simone Gianni