cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GT2006] The 5th Cocoon GetTogether: call for ideas
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 18:00:48 GMT
Arje Cahn wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Following in Steven's footsteps, I'd hereby like to bootstrap this year's jubilee Cocoon
GetTogether.
> The sun is shining (kind of..), spring is in the air, and we need to start thinking about
our beloved annual Cocoon gathering.

> I believe the outcome of last year's discussion was that we all want the Cocoon GetTogether
to be as much of a community driven event as possible. That's why I'm sending this Request
for Ideas to the dev and user mailinglists. So here it is - if you got something to say, or
have any ideas you'd like to share, please say it now!

> - Who is willing to organize this year's event?

Unfortunatly I can't offer the necessary resources to host such an event.

> - Where?

Amsterdam is a really great town and there is a direct flight from Vienna (which
can't be said for Dublin ...)

> - When?

October is fine for me

> - How long?

at least two days for a hackathon and one day with public sessions; thinking
more about it, a three days hackathon would be even better. I know that not
everybody wants to invest 3 days just for doing programming stuff, but having a
location would be great for those (like me) that would want ...

> - How big?

of course the biggest portions of spare ribs possible ;-)

> Of course, I think Amsterdam is a really good place for Get Togethers, just as Ghent
is, but maybe it's time to move again :).. However, I'd be happy to host the event in Amsterdam
again. For now, let's come up with some ideas and get that Cocoon GT community feeling flowing
again...

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc