cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [GT2006] The 5th Cocoon GetTogether: call for ideas
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 16:52:22 GMT
Hola,

Sorry for the slow reply. Was hoping to have a chance to come up with a
concrete proposition before replying, but haven't got anything sorted
out yet, so here's some random thoughts instead ;-)

Arje Cahn wrote:

> - Who is willing to organize this year's event?

Always happy to help, though I'm not sure I could single-handedly manage
the whole thing ...

> - Where?

I think both Gent and Amsterdam have won places in all our hearts, so no
objections to either of them. On the other hand, I love having the
opportunity to spend time in new places so how about:

- Rome or Milan (ciao, Gianugo! ;-)
- Australia (g'day, Marcus!)
- London (blurgh. It'll be raining. Surely not? I suppose this is me
volunteering a fallback location.)

> - When?

The same time of year works well for me...

> - How long?

1-2 days is my preference: I felt a little wiped-out by the third day
last year. But if it's only two days, an early start to the hackathon is
a must.

> - How big?

Oooh, very :-)

> Of course, I think Amsterdam is a really good place for Get Togethers, just as Ghent
is, but maybe it's time to move again :)

On the other hand, as I've said to you off-list, I think we could
explore hiring the hackathon venue later in the evening and doing a
proper beer-n-pizza event. Though I guess that's not limited by the
venue/country.

Thanks,

Andrew.
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/