cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: google summer of code: ajax
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 14:26:58 GMT
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>>I've been working together with Matthiass since last year and I'm sure
>>his contributions via GSoC would add some great things to cForms. I'm
>>willing to become his mentor, but as we are working together most of
>>our time, I would prefer if somebody else could do it. Any volunteers?
>>

> I'm not a Dojo super expert, but I've digged a lot in the ajax code of
> cocoon forms, know the XSLTs and the repeater binding class by heart,
> and studied the Google Map API, and will be in my office in June, July
> and maybe greatest part of August.
>
> So if nobody with higher skills on Dojo is voluteering for it, I'm
> available.

Thanks that's great! I just want to remind you that mentoring is not about
knowing all the technical details but being a guide for the student so that he
learns the opensource way of doing software development (or in our case the
Apache way of *open* development).

In order to become mentor, please read http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc