cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Maven dependencies
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 14:24:49 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Ralph Goers escribió:
>>
>>> This is ultimately the same conclusion everyone (except the maven
>>> guys) seems to come to. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. See
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1577.
>>

>> Good point, but this is only a matter of time when it get fixed.
>>
>> AFAIK, we want to have independence between blocks. If this is the
>> case, then we cannot use a <dependencyManagement> in a top level. I
>> thought this was the initial reason why we don't use it.
>

> Was it? IIUC a block remains independant, if <dependencyManagement> is
> used in one of it's parent POMs. Jorg, do you know more?

Actually, you should be able to have independence between blocks while
still requiring them to all use the same versions of their
dependencies.  With Maven 1 we are able to accomplish this by having a
build.properties that contains all the maven jar override values and
that is shared by all of our projects and products.  This is kind of a
pain with Maven 2 as it means that everything has to share a root
pom.xml.  Frankly, whoever fixes the bug I mentioned above (which may
end up being me), I would prefer that these definitions go in a separate
file - something like dependencies.xml.

Ralph