cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Finding a name for OSGi based Cocoon
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 08:05:00 GMT
<hat type="neutral" mode="on">
Since the GT in Amsterdam, when Daniel used "Cocoon 3.0" for his proposal of an
OSGi based Cocoon, we have been talking about Cocoon 3.0 in different ways. For
example in the meantime Sylvain used "Cocoon 3.0" as the subject of the
discussion that he started in December.

While working with Daniel in April we used "Cocoon 3.0" as a name for our
vision of an OSGi-based Cocoon. The point is that the vision has become reality
in the meantime[1] and the number of open tasks (see JIRA
http://tinyurl.com/rubss) is manageable.

What I want is that we agree on a name for OSGi based Cocoon within the
Cocoon community, either "Cocoon 3.0" or a code name. We also have to take into
account that trunk might also be released as Cocoon 2.3.

WDOT, should we use "Cocoon 3.0" for OSGi based Cocoon or find a code name and
tag it with a release number when we are close to our first milestone/alpha
release?
</hat>

<hat type="neutral" mode="off">
I slightly prefer "Cocoon 3.0" as we/I have been using it for a long time for
OSGi based Cocoon and Daniel and I are sure that OSGi-based Cocoon can be the
platform to implement many ideas that were raised in Sylvain's Cocoon 3.0 thread.
</hat>

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/HowToRunTheTrunk

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc