cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Resources Accessible Via Subsitemaps To Enable Better Re-Use
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 19:43:20 GMT
Take a look at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106649931022515&w=2 for
a description on how the treeprocessor works. The function of the
virtual sitemap components is described here
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=111316710610638&w=2. I
don't know if the VPCs work anymore, haven't tested them for quite a while.

For the understanding the resource handling (or other parts of the
treeprocessor), it is a good idea to start looking at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/treeprocessor/treeprocessor-builtins.xml,

which configure all the execution element of the sitemap. Where you can
see that a resource definition is handled by a
NamedContainerNodeBuilder, and that calling a resource is handled by a
CallNodeBuilder.

IIRC, there are a few subtle things involved in the resource handling
code, so be prepared to that you might need to spend some time learning
how it works ;)

/Daniel