cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Automatic releases
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 10:55:11 GMT
On Monday 29 May 2006 18:40, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Having my Cocoon PMC member hat on, I have another problem with Maven
> artifacts: They don't contain licensing information or a NOTICE file. As in
> the future, Maven artifacts will be our actual releases (everything else is
> just for demos), I'm not sure if this is legally correct.
> Does anybody know of some discussions? Usually I'm following
> legal-discuss@apache but can't recall of a thread dealing with this
> problem.

IIRC, each project is required to declare the NOTICE file in the POM, so it
will be included in the released artifact. But I can't remember the details
of that.

Furthermore, I think it is even somewhat more complex than that since I
suspect there will be both artifact releases (jars) which nobody looks
inside, as well as the more conventional tar.gz and zip releases that are
exploded and NOTICE becomes a lot more visible...

I'll make a quick check with repository@ and see if there is any input on
that.

Cheers
Niclas