cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinhard_po...@yahoo.de>
Subject [2.2] Configuration
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 13:10:42 GMT
Von: Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org>

> Yes, true. What about extending the deployer (or creating another
> plugin) which by default rewrites the web.xml and adds all required
> wrappers (paranoid servlet etc.) and also moves the jars to a different
> directory? With a plugin-configuration this can be turned off.
> (We don't need this for b1)

At the weekend I was thinking about this and using different locations for lib and classes
and extending the existing functionality of the maven-war-plugin can be achieved by renaming
them after the "original" methods have been called. That's easy :-)

Having a configuration that can turn on/off the support for paranoid classloading is the way
to go. The default value is, as proposed by Carsten, true and then the deployer checks whether
all necessary configurations in web.xml are set correctly or if not set it adds them.

I don't think that we have to (and should) provide any patching functionality to the deployer
as people are in control of the content of WEB-INF and its subdirectories. If they add some
file there which has the same name as a file in one of the blocks, it overrides the original
version. The only thing that we should do is splitting up our configuration files in smaller
chunks so that we get one configuration file for one component so that people get fine-grained
control.

--
Reinhard