cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Guillon <gu...@dainty.ca>
Subject Is It Possible to reload WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib without restart?
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 15:00:11 GMT
   Hello All,

   I posted on the cocoon-user list regarding this topic, and I will respond
to that post with a solution once I find one.

   Basically, I am experimenting with writing my own actions / generators /
transformers to extend Cocoon for my needs.  These are written in Java, and
compiled to class files.  However, I have noticed that recompiling the class
file, and placing it back into WEB-INF/classes does not mean that the changes
are picked up immediately.  I can force this with a restart of Cocoon.
However, this instance of Cocoon is already in production, so a restart is
not always possible.  I have defined my own sub-sitemap for development, and
leave the production side alone.

   Is there a way to force Cocoon to reload these class files, or is a restart
the only option?  The only other alternative I see right now, is to copy
Cocoon to another server and do my development there (which I would rather
not do).

   Thanks for your help!

   AJ