cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject [forms] Repeater.moveRow() method
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 09:32:25 GMT
Hi,

While using the repeater.moveRow(from, to) method, there were two things
about it which I found illogical:

        * to move a row to the last position, say x, one needs to
        specify a to-index of x + 1

        * if the to-index is larger then from-index, the to-index is
        lowered by one. I don't understand why, since if one specifies
        that a row should be moved to e.g. position 5, to me it seems it
        should really go to position 5, and not position 4.

Maybe someone can shine some light on this, but in any case I'm planning
on adding a second moveRow method which has the (IMO) "normal"
behaviour. Changing the behaviour of the current method would be
backwards incompatible.

Bruno.