cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: ForrestBot build for cocoon-docs FAILED
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 15:50:14 GMT
On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 16:28 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Forrestbot@forrest.zones.apache.org wrote:
> > Automated build for cocoon-docs FAILED

> >      [java] X [0]                                     2.1/userdocs/widgets/javadoc:org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.tree.TreeModel
BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: 2.1/userdocs/widgets/javadoc:org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.tree.TreeModel
> >      [java] X [0]                                     2.1/userdocs/widgets/javadoc:org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.tree.Tree
BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: 2.1/userdocs/widgets/javadoc:org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.tree.Tree
> >      [java] X [0]                                     2.1/userdocs/widgets/javadoc:org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.tree.TreeWalker
BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: 2.1/userdocs/widgets/javadoc:org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.tree.TreeWalker

> This looks like someone has used a javadoc: protocol in the source
> files. Unfortunately, Daisy does not recognise
>
> We can see which pages contain these broken links by lookig at:
>
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/broken-links.xml
>
> That leads us to:
>
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/2.1/userdocs/widgets/widget_tree.html
>
> from where we can get to the Daisy source page by following the edit
> link at the bottom of the page:
>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/864/forms/widgets/739.html
>
> In this document we can see that daisy is using a pseudo protocol of
> "javadoc:". This protocol is not processed by Daisy when publiching the
> XML version of the document, and Forrest knows nothing of this
> pseudo-protocol.
>
> However, all is not lost. I recall reading on the Daisy dev list that it
> uses Forrests locationmap code to handle psuedo protocols like this. if
> someone can point me at how this is done within Daisy I'll look at
> making the forrest publication honour the protocol. Alternatively, we
> need the XML source to contain the URI that this resolves to.

Oops! I knew there was some reason I couldn't use this feature yet, but
had forgotten about it.

Below is the information about how it is configured. If it would be too
inconvenient to add it to forrest right now, I can remove the usages of
"javadoc:" in the document itself (though its *very* handy).

The link transformer is configured like this:

    <map:transformer logger="sitemap.transformer.linkrewriter"
name="linkrewriter"
      pool-grow="2" pool-max="32" pool-min="2"
      src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.LinkRewriterTransformer">
      <schemes>javadoc</schemes>
      <link-attrs>href</link-attrs>
    </map:transformer>

In cocoon.xconf this input module is defined:

    <component-instance name="javadoc"
      class="org.apache.forrest.locationmap.LocationMapModule"
      logger="sitemap.modules.locationmap">
      <file src="context://daisy/javadoc_locationmap.xml"/>
    </component-instance>

and the javadoc_locationmap.xml file is attached.