cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: cvs.a.o dependency reduction
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:11:48 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Well, considering the manual process required for this, yes.
>
> Now this leads to a question I haven't found an answer to: is it
> possible with M2 to have local dependencies, i.e. jars that are in _no_
> repository, just like the "lib" directory in our 2.1 branch? That would
> avoid having to maintain a local repository as an interim place for the
> main one.

I think that the minimum requirement is to have the libs in a
repo-compliant directory structure.

It might however also be possible to define a repository using the file
protocol, like:

    <repository>
      <id>localfilerepo</id>
      <name>custom repo</name>
      <url>file://my/repo/dir</url>
    </repository>

but i haven't tried this yet. In any case, constructs like this defeat
the purpose of what maven is (should be) all about. The long term
solution lies in maven advocacy towards other projects, as frustrating
as this may sound.

Jorg