cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Mini-Cocoon
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:07:46 GMT
Hi Don,

Le 14 avr. 06 à 21:13, Don Brown a écrit :

> ... - We only need transformers and serializers, the framework
> would handle the generation (implicitly a SAX parser generator
> would be used to process the response's outputstream)
>  - Ideally no additional dependencies
>  - The pipeline impl should be small, and focused
>  - Very little to no additional configuration for the user.  A set
> of transformers and serializers would be defined somewhere, and
> stacks, or statically defined pipelines.  No selectors, matchers,
> or other sitemap capabilies would be needed. ..

What you suggest echoes our discussions from a last December [1], and
I think there's definite interest in our community to see Cocoon
delivered in smaller independent packages. At least at the "talking
about it" level...but let's hope your message prompts some people to
stand up.

Maybe some of the people working on 2.2 can comment about this? How
could the new structure of 2.2 help using our sitemap components
outside of Cocoon?

Personally I'd love to help, but to be realistic I won't be able to
commit serious time to such a project in the next few weeks. Except
maybe mentoring or co-mentoring a Summer Of Code project to
experiment with refactoring some of our sitemap components to be
usable in a lighter environment.

-Bertrand

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=113380354129554&w=2