cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Claas Thiele <cthi...@ct42.de>
Subject Re: GSoC proposals
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:57:33 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 25.04.2006 11:56, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>> *cocoon-cforms-xul-user-interface
>>

>> I think Jörg can comment on this much better than I but IIRC a talk
>> with him at the GT, that there are conceptual mismatches that lead to
>> problems. WDYT Jörg?
>

> There was no problem with a XUL interface in general, but with the
> built-in XUL templating engine. Claas Thiele (cc-ing him) started an
> XSLT-based templating engine and was quite successful with it AFAIR.
> But there has never been anything released. Maybe he can tell more
> about it or release it so that anyone can continue this work.
>
> Jörg

as attachments a prototype of the xsl template can be found.
The idea is quite simple. The form data coming to clients browser is
transformed with an xsl stylesheet to a DOM fragment and than inserted
in the page DOM. The whole thing is encapsulated in a XBL element.

By the way, Firefow2.0 will have a new templating implemented, perhaps
worthwhile to check this as well.

Claas