cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Claas Thiele <cthi...@ct42.de>
Subject Re: GSoC proposals
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:06:43 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 26.04.2006 10:55, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Yes, I have added the proposal at
>> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2006#cocoon-automated-testing
>

> Just a note as you mention Selenium in the proposal. Again Claas
> Thiele started a project called Molybdenum [1]. It is based on
> Selenium and allows automated recording of test scripts. These scripts
> can be saved in XML files and executed later. A simple command line
> interface might be sufficient to integrate such tests into an
> automated tests suite (if such a thing does not already exist).
>
> Just that the project will not be too easy ;)
>
> Jörg
>
> [1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/molybdenum/

There is another project with similar ideas: Selenium-IDE
(http://www.openqa.org/selenium-ide/)
As this project is concentrating on the root ideas of selenium: testing
should be possible in several browser, Molybdenum want to utilise
special Firefox features like cookie handling. Multiple browser support
has lower priority.

The command line feature mentioned by Jörg is planned as following, but
currently not working correctly. I will fix it the next time.

Activate and configure Molybdenum Autostart feature under
Preferences-->Autostart and
start firefox as following:

firefox --chrome chrome://molybdenum/content/

Claas