cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Running Cocoon in OSGi mode
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:46:34 GMT
Sylvain Wallez skrev:
> Guys, I don't know about you, but this discussion gives me the feeling
> that we're now totally out of control of our own code base. Being unable
> to run Cocoon and having to ask the PDE guys at Eclipse for this is
> frightening me...

PDE has excellent tools for developing bundles, Maven hasn't. When I
started to develop the current OSGi based blocks fw, I preferred to
focus my limited time on getting something done at the actual blocks
system rather than creating build infrastructure.

People are working on Eclipse/Maven integration, Maven plugins for
bundle development etc. So my hope was that these tools should mature
while I was working on other parts or even that someone within our
community would like to contribute ;)

Now Reinhard is working on the task of making it easier to develop our
bundles in Eclipse. This is something that deserves praise rather than
complaints.

There are still a number of open tasks for getting a good bundle build
system for those who like to take part in the development:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1834
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1835
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1836

/Daniel