cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running Cocoon in OSGi mode
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:41:55 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Guys, I don't know about you, but this discussion gives me the feeling
> that we're now totally out of control of our own code base. Being unable
> to run Cocoon and having to ask the PDE guys at Eclipse for this is
> frightening me...

huu? What makes you think that you can't run trunk without Eclipse and that we
are not in control of our own code? My description was only about having
OSGi-based Cocoon run with PDE support which is a great thing if you want to
develop OSGi bundles.

If you had a look at the JIRA tasks you would see that it's one of our goals to
build Cocoon without needing Eclipse
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1834) and another goal is getting a
smooth integration with Eclipse PDE
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1836). I had to decide for one goal
to start with and for me it's more important to enable others to get easier
involved.

Please also note that this doesn't affect the non OSGi based way of running Cocoon.

                                         - o -

Ad the particular problem: The branched maven-eclipse-plugin has a bug and
doesn't add the META-INF directory as a source directory (I guess from Daniel's
description). I will have a look into this issue tommorrow.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc