cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Mini-Cocoon
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:25:54 GMT
Max Pfingsthorn skrev:
> Hi!
>
> I really like the idea to make cleancut interfaces between core components and factoring
them out.
> What I would really look forward to would be an abstraction of the processor level.

There is already a well known API for that: the servlet. We have had a
number of discussions about using Servlet instead of Processor. The
blocks architecture is based on servlets as processing level abstraction.

> That would allow
 > us to do cool rails-like things by implementing an MVC processor :).
Berin hat this idea a
 > while ago [1]. Having a processor implementation would allow us to
simply <map:mount> an mcv
 > component into publishy sitemap uri spaces, for example for the
ever-recurring polls and so on,
 > while not polluting the sitemap language. Flowscript might be ok for
smaller controlling needs, but
 > I think a dedicated java implementation would go a long way. Think of
debugging for one thing.
 > Integrating Javaflow would be nice though for the stateful controllers.

You are going to like the blocks architecture, the block protocol
already do what you are asking for see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=114237414521595&w=2 for
the current state and for more about the block protocol.

/Daniel