cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [FYI] GSoC 2006 announced!
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:05:25 GMT
Upayavira skrev:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Most of you have probably seen it already, Google has officially
>> announced Summer Of Code 2006: http://code.google.com/soc/
>>
>> I'll probably suggest a project to expand the scope of automated testing
>> of our 2.1.x "workhorse branch".
>
> That would be great, but what we _really_ need is help getting 2.2 (with
> or without OSGi) out. Are there chunks of work that are both interesting
> and challenging, but not too challenging, that could be made into Gsoc
> projects? That's what we really need to help move our project on.
>
> Maybe the creation of a sitemap servlet,
Too late ;)
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-core/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap/SitemapServlet.java

> or a javascript servlet?
Yes

> Or a proposal for a pull pipeline servlet?
Not certain that pull pipelines should be introduced at the
servlet(=controller) level, rather an API that is used within a
controller. I'd like to see a number of example implementations on using
Axiom http://ws.apache.org/commons/axiom/index.html for server side AJAX
  handling. And also for more conventional publishing. We would also
need a pull pipeline based template implementation.

> Or some other block deployer code
We'd like to get something running in this area before rather than after
the summer.

> or something?
JMX for management of OSGi based Cocoon?

There are of course many things that needs to be done in the blocks
architecture. But much of it require detailed knowledge about internals
of current Cocoon core wich makes it to complicated as a GSOC project.

> Thoughts?
An attribute template language for Cocoon would still be nice.

/Daniel