cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing releases
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:17:51 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> I see your point, but even without changing our current procedures,
> proper testing of the release would have shown the bug.
Yes, I think we did a poor release this time and I feel guilty of doing
the release without testing it like I did with the previous releases.
And I totally forgot to get feedback from the users about the current
release like we did in previous releases as well.
We should take care that we do not forget this with the next release.

> I regret not voting -1 on the release last week instead of -0, as I
> didn't have time to test it and IIRC we had no precise testing
> reports, just some folks saying "seems to work for me".
Same here.

> We should have the courage to delay a release if our resources don't
> allow us to test it properly, and maybe work with temporary branches
> for releases, to avoid a too long code freeze.
Hmm, yes, but it seems that the interest in a release has decreased for
this release and I fear no matter how long we delay and wait for
resources it would be very hard to get real feedback *and* work on the
feedback by fixing things. But we should try it anyway.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/