cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <s.gia...@thebug.it>
Subject Re: Calculated fields
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:50:27 GMT
Okay, if I understand correctly main guidelines are :
- Use an easy interface, like <fd:value eval=""/>
- Don't sacrifice algorithm flexibility
- Don't introduce new expression languages
- Work on events to make sure everything has been parsed

I think i can :
- Use the <fd:value type="" eval=""/> to obtain both algorithm
flexibility and a nice and easy interface.
- Use only already used expression languages (javascript and xreporter
expressions)
- Rearrange the code to use FormProcessingListener as main trigger.

I will not implement the "user typed" feature, but "reserve the right"
:) to talk about it from a wider point of view, since it's a feature I'm
missing not only in calculated fields but in cocoon forms in general.

If we agree in trying this roadmap, i will produce something for
tomorrow. We can then fine tune it or drop it if we think it's not a
good idea.

WDYT?

Simone

--