cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Calculated fields
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:39:31 GMT
Simone Gianni escribió:

> -1 for client side. As i wrote, it brings A LOT of complexity, for
> formatting, double implementation of everything (algorithm must be
> wrote both for server side and for client side, both for us and for
> the user), a lot of untidy stuff needed to do it, and it's relatively
> useless with current great AJAX support. I think it was written in the
> Jira issue because at that time Ajax was still far.
AFAIK, calculated fields main task is inform the user. In other way, if
we don't need to inform the webapp user about the "subtotal", "taxes
amount in a currency" and so on, then we don't need this feature. This
is why IMHO, let's talk first about the functionality before going into
implementation details. :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.