cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with XHTMLSerializers
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:46:10 GMT
Pier Fumagalli said the following on 07-04-2006 13:38:
> Have you tried the "serializers" block? I've been hacking around a lot
> with it back in the old days and it's the only one I trust to send stuff
> to IE. We've been using since we started at VNU.

I've tried the serializers block when it was suggested back then, but
never managed to get it running correctly (see last lines of quotes
below) so I returned to the default serializer with the workarounds
Jeroen already suggested. Note that not only the <script> tag has this
problem, same goes for <textarea>.

I finally settled for an extra XSL file that introduces &nbsp; in
several empty tags, just to avoid this. I'll give the serializers block
another try in the future (when more pressing issues are solved).

Bye, Helma