cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's going on with gump?
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 08:51:56 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>>>What's up here? Is gump trying to build the trunk with the old ant
>>>build system?
>>>
>>>I'm not too sure about where to look for details on what exactly gump
>>>is trying to do....
>>
>>The error above seems to be caused by the missing lib/optional directory
>>as I removed them last week.
>>
>>If somebody wants to reactivate gump again, he should start
>>incrementally and write a gump descriptor for cocoon-core but please
>>make sure that we don't have any svn:externals in trunk; I removed the
>>svn:externals link to gump.xml.
>

> Well that is going to break things. That SVN external was to allow Gump
> people write access to our gump descriptor. How come you removed it? It
> was placed there in discussion with this list and with the Gump peeps.

Sorry for not bringing this issue to the list.
IIUC I didn't delete the descriptor but only the link to it as gump.xml is
located in the gump SVN. We can add the svn:external to our repository for
convenience but please don't do it within trunk - /cocoon/gump would be a better
idea IMHO.

                                    - o -

More generally, we need to decide what we do with it as gump.xml as it is today
is totally broken because of the move to Maven 2 (e.g. we are relying on many
libraries within the repository; many source directories have changed, etc.).

Basically the gump descriptor expresses the same dependencies as the pom.xml and
I doubt our community will take care of both. BTW, is anybody taking care of a
working Gump descriptor? The best solution would be Gump that can work based on
pom.xml descriptors ...

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc