cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A new CLI (was Re: [RT] The environment abstraction, part II)
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2006 12:44:32 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Ah, I wasn't getting that subtle. I was simply saying that I can agree
>> with using the servlet API for _all_ environments. The CLI becomes
>> nothing more than a custom servlet container that uses a servlet to
>> generate its pages.
>>
>> In fact, having said that, it becomes yet another tool that is actually
>> independent of Cocoon - it could be used to crawl pages generated by
>> _any_ servlet, not just the Cocoon one.
>>

> Hmm... the current CLI uses Cocoon's links view to crawl the website. So
> although the new crawler can be based on servlets, it will assume these
> servlets to answer to a ?cocoon-view=links :-)

Hmm, I think we don't need the links view in this case anymore. A simple
 HTML crawler should be enough as it will follow all links on the page.
The view would only make sense in the case where you don't output html
where the usual crawler tools would not work.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/