cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Scendoni <nicola.scend...@eposse.it>
Subject LDAPTransformer
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:25:43 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on LDAPTansformer, and I've got the following problems:
1.  Search operation throws a ClassCastException when ldap results
contain binary values in attributes
2. The add-entry tag doesn't work.
I've coded a patch to solve these problems. I hope it can be useful to
the project.

To solve the first problem, when ldap results contain binary entries, I
return the value in the following form:

Binary:: <base64-encoded-value>

EX:
<userPassword>
Binary:: e1NIQX1jTWlCMUtKcGhOM09lVjl2Y1lGOG5QUklEbms9
</userPassword>

To solve the second problem, I use the "filter" and the "attribute" (in
the existing dtd) tag to describe the dn and the attributes to be
added. If you like my patch, i can provide a sample.

Regards

Nicola

Dott. Nicola Scendoni
Software Engineer

Tel +393290573276
ePOSSE S.r.l.
Sede operativa: Via dei Marrucini, 11 65127 Pescara Italy
Tel / FAX +390854503336
http://www.eposse.it