cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Giving a try to Cocoon 2.2
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:30:55 GMT
Hello,

I've been  testing Cocoon 2.2  for a new application  I'm starting
from scratch.  The result is that  none of the forms samples work,
and it worries me because I would  like to use Cocoon in trunk, as
the requirement for the project is to have a Maven build.

Here are the detailed steps I followed FWIW:

1) Fix and commit the cocoon-webapp path in README.txt, the
   correct path is core/cocoon-webapp

2) Follow instructions in README.txt: mvn clean install, then mvn
   cocoon:deploy, and mvn jetty6:run

3) Cocoon welcome page is showing, but there are no links to view
   samples.  Try cocoon-fop-sample with no luck.

4) Try samples/ with no luck, module.xml is missing, copy
   src/gump/module.xml.  The page « Main Cocoon samples and
   featured new blocks » displays, but there is no available
   samples.

5) Added cocoon-forms-sample as dependency in cocoon-webapp, run
   mvn cocoon:deploy and refresh in the browser, I get a
   stacktrace, see cocoon22-stacktrace attached

6) restart jetty and go to apps/cocoon-forms-sample/ displays an
   error because generator "jx" is not defined

7) cd blocks/cocoon-template/cocoon-template-impl && cp
   ./src/main/resources/META-INF/legacy/sitemap-additions/cocoon-template.xconf
   ../../../core/cocoon-webapp/target/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/sitemap-additions

8) added template-impl as dependency to cocoon-forms-sample and
   mvn cocoon:deploy, I get an error, see
   cocoon22-stacktrace-deploy.  Restarting jetty.

9) forms samples are showing, but none of the samples is actually
   working, see cocoon22-stacktrace-callfunction and
   cocoon22-stacktrace-call attached

Any input will be greatly appreciated!
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot