cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Guillon <gu...@dainty.ca>
Subject Re: [Proposal] i18n Transformer: Support Multiple Languages in One Document
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:48:07 GMT
I know I can write an i18n Transformer in XSLT faster than I can modify the
Java Code.  Is this how we want to go?

I don't want to make something just for my applications, when I can contribute
the solution to the community.  I feel we can make the change to an XSLT
implementation of the transformer fairly transparent. Basically, just change
the definition of the transformer in the sitemap... mark the existing Java
Code as deprecated for the next release, and provide an alternative
definition for the transformer in XSLT.  Alternatively we can take the
existing Java class, and make it a wrapper for a new XSLT implementation as
an upgrade pathway.

   XSLT will be more extensible for site-specific configurations, and more
maintainable than the existing Java code.

   AJ