cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe LAPLANCHE" <philippe.laplan...@horus-si.com>
Subject cocoon forms & bandwidth
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:53:19 GMT
dojo.js filesize = 144 Kb !!!!

Isn't Ajax supposed to save bandwidth ????

What's the point using such a huge library ? Some of my application
users won't have broadband connections. Does that implies that I can't
use cocoon forms with ajax at all ? Some users will have broadband
connections ... So what's the good solution ?

There is no mechanism to prevent the provided xsl stylesheets putting
all the stuff that we don't need in <head> </head>. If I understand the
philosophy, I have to edit all the xsl files manually so that I get
precisely what I want. Is that it ? Cocoon upgrades will be really hard
then.

Philippe