cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Questions on cleaning up trunk
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:19:56 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>  - how to we deal with license stuff (we need to add all licenses of all
>    libraries into the distribution)

At the moment this is not handled properly by maven.

IIRC it was once suggested to have a separate module ie
"cocoon-licenses" with all licenses in it and make core depend on this
module. This would make adding new licenses trivial and make sure that
they will always be included in any cocoon project.

> BTW, the simplest possible distribution could be a POM only - the only
> problem is slow M2 repo connections. WDOT?

well if people use the maven2 mirror instead of just central then that
would give a big performance boost already. We should make a BIG
documentation note that this is almost mandatory for a smooth maven2
experience.

I'm in the (slow) process of moving some more libs off cvs.a.o to
central. The outerthought stuff (xreporter,daisy-*) has been requested
for upload and i've contacted the author of the neko libs. Also in
excalibur there seems to be a bit of motivation to do a new maven2 based
release within the next few weeks/months - I'll see what i can more do
to speed things up there as well.

In any case i did some testing with moving all our dependencies on
cvs.a.o to my own server and it worked flawlessly, so worst case we just
move them before the release and be done with it.

HTH
Jorg