cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Deployment into a monolithic Cocoon web app
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:02:12 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I think the general problem is that you need to have downloaded the
> artifacts once as Maven have to put them into the local artifacts
> repository. Indeed, this can take very long if Maven is used for the
> first them. But then, it should work fine in the future as further
> downloads are the exception and not the rule.

while this is certainly true, i've seen maven fail a number of times
because it was just contacting cvs.a.o to see if a new version of the
snapshot was available. I will do some experimenting with the download
policies of the repo configuration [1], maybe this will help.

Regards
Jorg

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.3-SNAPSHOT/maven-model/maven.html#class_repository