cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Cleanup trunk directory structure
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:23:59 GMT

Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> I know, but IIRC Giacomo told the directory name is not important for
> jar generation since there is a directive in pom.xml to change the jar
> name. Looking at the current trunk the "cocoon-" prefix create a lot of
> "noise". And this is why I am asking again if this is the best way we
> can go. ;-)

Yes <finalName/> allows you to control the artifact name.

The reason why we've named these directories was that in continuum there
is a mapping between the module name and the repository directory name.

So if you declare in a top level module pom

<modules>
   <module>cocoon-apples</module>
</modules>

and

<scm>
<connection>scm:svn:http://repo/trunk</connection>
</scm>

then continuum will resolve the checkout path for moduleA as
http://repo/trunk/cocoon-apples.

Now at the time i did not take the possibility of using <finalName/>
into account. Advice from the maven guys was module-name=module-location
so that's what i went for.

I suggest that before we decide to go for this approach, someone
experiments with this layout and tests continuum and eclipse-plugin
integration (they are the most picky with module poms) and reports back
before we start another mass rename.

Either way i'm not too bothered at all by a repo structure with "noise".
Maven is there to help you not having to look at the repo structure in
it's totality.

Regards
Jorg