cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: [zone] apache2 restarts automatically now
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:54:12 GMT
Le 10 mars 06 à 09:41, Pier Fumagalli a écrit :

> On 10 Mar 2006, at 07:24, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> I have configured apache2 to start automatically for http://
>> , so at least that page should come up
>> when the zone is restarted. Not being familiar with Solaris's smf,
>> I did it the old /etc/init.d way.
> Did you put a link from /etc/init.d/... to the Runlevel 2 scripts?
> ln -sf /etc/init.d/apache /etc/rc2.d/S99apache

Yes that's what I did, with S50 as this was the value used for apache
1.x on that machine. And in rc3.d as the system comes up to that
level when restarted.

So it's /etc/rc3.d/S50apache2 which is a link to /etc/init.d/apache2.
I put the K links for stopping as well.

What I meant by "old way" is that the Solaris docs seem to imply that
this is deprecated in Solarisland, and one should use smf instead.

> ...But remember the link in 'rc2.d', called "S99....." (which means
> start with order 99)...

Any reason to use 99 specifically? I haven't checked precisely if
other stuff needs to start before apache2, don't think so.

View raw message