cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <m.pfingsth...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: error handling causes NPE? (was: error handling in aggregations)
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:06:03 GMT
Hi!

Yes, I'll change the one in trunk as well today.

It's funny, because I only use the ContentAggregator, the XMLSerializer and the FileGenerator.
I have to investigate a little more in which configuration this actually happens, but I am
fairly sure that the ContentAggregator (the only place where a SitemapSource is used) releases
everything correctly.

Since this only seems to happen when an Exception is thrown during processing, I thought that
maybe there is an error deeper in the error handling code. Something like a missing finally...
The error is rather hard to notice because if you use "cocoon servlet", it actually doesn't
show it. I noticed it in my little test project. I hope it's again something I did wrong,
I'll keep you guys up to date.

max