cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g.kossakow...@interia.pl>
Subject Re[2]: [Documentation] isGlobal == HTTP redirect, right? (was: Verify status of flowscript document please)
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:16:50 GMT
Hello Bertrand,

Friday, March 10, 2006, 11:51:33 AM, you wrote:

> Le 10 mars 06 à 11:31, hepabolu a écrit :

> Just wondering about this isGlobal explanation:

> "If the isGlobal argument is true, the redirect will be global, i.e.
> it returns all the way to the browser, even from within internal
> requests."

> is not too clear for me, I'd write:

after few moments of exhilaration caused by the fact my first reported bug
was fixed I feel the same, it's not clear

> "The isGlobal argument, if true, causes an HTTP redirect to be sent
> to the client browser in all cases.

> When isGlobal is false and the current request is an internal one
> (i.e. uses the cocoon: protocol), the redirect is processed
> internally within Cocoon, by executing the pipeline specified by the
> uri argument, without sending an HTTP redirect".

+1 for this with one exception. Not always pipeline is executed even isGlobal is
false. Eg:
<map:aggregate>
  <map:part src="cocoon:/callflow"/>
</map:aggregate>

And in some flow function:
cocoon.redirectTo("http://www.google.com", false);

Aggregator will try to use as a part content read from google. So it's not
neccessarily redirect to another Cocoon pipeline. It just redirect internal
request to whatever you want.

> This is IMHO clearer, but can someone confirm that the described
> behaviour is correct?

I can confirm if it's enough. I firstly discovered that parameter in javadoc[1],
tried to use with success and then created the issue.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/FOM_Cocoon.html#jsFunction_redirectTo(java.lang.String,%20boolean)

--
Best regards,
 Grzegorz                            mailto:g.kossakowski@interia.pl

Toshiba i FIFA World Cup
Wygraj bilety i notebooki z Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology
http://link.interia.pl/f1912