cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] OSGi based blocks
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:31:17 GMT
Le 15 mars 06 à 16:25, Jean-Baptiste Quenot a écrit :

> * Bertrand Delacretaz:
>> ...How  about backporting  the Spring-based  container and  the new
>> configuration  features  to 2.1.x,  and  make  that Cocoon  2.3,
>> without touching the current trunk?
>
> Good idea.  But I guess you are talking about release 2.2, not 2.3
> as we never released 2.2 yet?..

No, I'm talking about 2.3 on purpose - we've been talking about 2.2
for a long time, and what we're talking about now is not the 2.2 that
we envisioned in these discussions.

People would find rather confusing information about 2.2 in our mail
archives for example, if we released the above as 2.2.

So naming the above thing 2.3 avoids confusion, the only question
will be "what happened to 2.2" to which we can reply "it was never
released but will come up later under another version number".

-Bertrand